Promoting local composers is a major part of Cascadian Chorale’s mission. For nearly two decades, we had the honor of a close relationship with Bern Herbolsheimer, who passed away in January 2016. This concert celebrates the many facets of his musical personality, including the world premiere of three choruses from the opera Mark Me Twain. You will also hear new and beautiful music by three of the region’s renowned composers who sing in Cascadian Chorale: Christopher Lee Fraley, Jeremy Kings, and Joy DeCoursey-Porter.
- Bern Herbolsheimer: Three Choruses from "Mark Me Twain" (world premiere)
- Bern Herbolsheimer: Ratcoon
- Bern Herbolsheimer: Blessed
- Joy DeCoursey-Porter: Miserere mei Deus
- Joy DeCoursey-Porter: There Was the One
- Christopher Lee Fraley: He was born in spring
- Christopher Lee Fraley: Reminiscence
- Jeremy Kings: A Red, Red Rose
- Jeremy Kings: There is no rose
- Gary D. Cannon: Set me as a seal upon thine heart
- Karen P. Thomas: How can I keep from singing?
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Church of the Holy Cross
Sunday, April 23, 2017
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Founded in 1964, Cascadian Chorale is a Bellevue-based, mixed-voice chamber choir dedicated to the performance and promotion of fine choral music. The Chorale’s membership comprises thirty-five of the greater Seattle area’s most skilled choral singers. Since 2008, Cascadian Chorale has been conducted by its Artistic Director, Gary D. Cannon. The Chorale regularly performs some of the most engaging and challenging works for chamber choir, ranging from Renaissance madrigals to Bach motets to new premieres. Cascadian Chorale performs in respected venues throughout the greater Seattle area.
During the 2014-2015 season, Cascadian Chorale reached an historic milestone rare among Seattle-area choirs: our fiftieth anniversary! In commemoration of this jubilee, we have released a studio recording, titled Welcome Home. What a fitting way to memorialize fifty years of beautiful music! Many thanks to all who supported this project.
Click on the logo at left to support the Cascadian Chorale by shopping at Amazon.com. A portion of the sales price will be donated to the chorale at no added cost to you.