Promoting local composers is a major part of Cascadian Chorale’s mission. For nearly two decades, we had the honor of a close relationship with Bern Herbolsheimer, who passed away in January 2016. This concert celebrates the many facets of his musical personality, including the world premiere of three choruses from the opera Mark Me Twain. You will also hear new and beautiful music by three of the region’s renowned composers who sing in Cascadian Chorale: Christopher Lee Fraley, Jeremy Kings, and Joy DeCoursey-Porter.
- Bern Herbolsheimer: Three Choruses from "Mark Me Twain" (world premiere)
- Bern Herbolsheimer: Ratcoon
- Bern Herbolsheimer: Blessed
- Joy DeCoursey-Porter: Miserere mei Deus
- Joy DeCoursey-Porter: There Was the One
- Christopher Lee Fraley: He was born in spring
- Christopher Lee Fraley: Reminiscence
- Jeremy Kings: A Red, Red Rose
- Jeremy Kings: There is no rose
- Gary D. Cannon: Set me as a seal upon thine heart
- Karen P. Thomas: How can I keep from singing?
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Church of the Holy Cross
Sunday, April 23, 2017
St. Thomas Episcopal Church